3.21.2008

Hooray for Spring!




Who's that girl?  What's her name?  Is she cool?  Is she lame?  KIMBER-ANN!  Haha.  Spring has arrived and with Easter in a couple of days I went to hit up Target for some new fun dresses.  They have some very cute things there right now.  

Anyway, I am really enjoying my job these days.  My kids have been really good lately except the occasional back-talker.  Math is so fun to teach because you can integrate it with just about everything/anything someone likes.  I talked with Pepperdine more this week and I went to a workshop last Saturday.  I have to write an application essay tomorrow ALL day.  Fun, huh?  It is so weird getting ready to go back to school.  I LOVE IT!  I think I was a girl made for school...possible reason for becoming a teacher.  Well, there is that and there is the fact that my oldest sister used to teach and would let me come to her class and help out when I was only 13, that definitely had an impact.  

Oh and today at school there was a lockdown.  There was a little situation at the apartment complex across the street.  I was pretty nervous at first because I didn't know what was happening out there but after lunch started and kids wanted to leave because they thought it was a drill, someone came over the intercom and explained that there is a situation across the street and to not allow our students to leave.  Lucky me...I didn't have any students during this class period so I was just texting Brian about it.  Everyone at the school was safe though as far as I know.  And I still don't know the details about what went down across the street.  

Nonetheless - HAPPY EASTER THIS WEEKEND!  And LET THE MARCH MADNESS CONTINUE!  AHHHHHHH! Go North Carolina!

Oh and there is this new show called Miss Guided and it is hilarious!  

3 comments:

Jessica said...

CUTE NEW DRESSES! I love Target. Glad to hear school is going well and that you are working on going back to school! Let me know how things play out. We definitely need to hang out!

Brooke said...

That is so funny, I bought that same dress while I was in Reno! I started watching Miss Guided too and agree that is hilarious! We are the same... but different BFF

cassie said...

you are too cute!!!! i LOVE the dresses! they are darling on you and who doesn't just LOVE target? i am glad you are liking school and i am excited that you are really thinking/planning on going back to school that is awesome. i hope you guys have an amazing day!